In this article you will find out how to set the phone number to be used to perform searches via WhatsApp.
The phone number to be activated in the WhatsApp Business API represents the direct way that your customers may use to contact your company.
To set the number, it is necessary to start the process to activate it in WhatsApp Business API. This process aims to ensure compliance between the Solution Provider and WhatsApp itself.
Every company that wishes to use the WhatsApp API must go through a Facebook approval process. This means that before starting the number activation process, it is necessary that the company has already obtained this approval.
Setting your WhatsApp contact name and number
In order to set the number, the Solution Provider must create the WhatsApp Business Account (WABA). This creation will only be possible after defining the token that will be used to create the account. To obtain the token you can follow the instructions in the link below.
After defining the token, creating and approving the WABA by the partner, the next step is to set the name and number of the contact on WhatsApp.
The number is the number that will be activated for your customers to contact your company through it. The name (display name) is the way your contact will be communicated to users. For the definition of the name it is important to pay attention to the following rules:
The display name cannot contain:
- All capital letters, except for acronyms.
- Only the first letter of each word must be capitalized and conjunctions must not be capitalized.
- Extra spaces between words.
- Excess score.
- Emojis and Symbols (for example: ®).
- Consecutive non-alphanumeric characters.
- Special characters (for example: ^ & * () _>, /?).
- Any variation of the word “WhatsApp”.
In addition, the display name cannot consist of only:
- Full name of a person.
- A generic term (for example: Fashion).
- A generic geographic location (for example: São Paulo).
- Less than three characters.
Regarding the number, the following considerations are important:
- If possible, choose a number that already has something to do with your company's brand.
- Use a number that when you are able to receive calls, direct them to your company's customer service team.
- If the number is prepaid, remember to keep your account up to date so that it is not deactivated and stop the WhatsApp Business API solution from working as well.
In case of doubts you can contact us by chat or through the following channels:
Phone: (31) 3058-0303